ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and support for the institutional research team and its functions within the Office of Institutional Effectiveness;
- Assist with the determination and evaluation of key performance indicators and state performance metrics;
- Assist and train institutional personnel in the use and interpretation of data;
- Develop and implement an institutional research plan;
- Perform research, data manipulation, and analysis in support of institutional innovation and decision making related to College priority initiatives;
- Ensure the compilation, analysis, and dissemination of institutional data, trend analysis research, and related areas of educational interest;
- Provide support for departmental and program reviews, accreditation, enrollment management, and institutional performance initiatives;
- Prepare, develop, and publish internal and external reports and surveys;
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues;
- Provide accurate and meaningful reports with supplementary supportive documentation, visual and narrative data interpretations, and presentations for internal and external target audiences based on research analysis in response to internal and external information needs;
- Consult with College personnel to determine and clarify data, reports and research requirements;
- Develop and/or use tools required for research, to include survey questionnaires and data extraction procedures;
- Identify and assist in the development of new data sources as needed;
- Work closely with the Director of Planning and Assessment on research projects; and
- Assist the Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, collaborate with the Reports Office, and other functions as outlined.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree is required from a regionally accredited college or university in social science, statistics, management information systems or a related field;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a college or university setting with increasing leadership experience in project and research planning/design, data collection, analysis, report preparation, presentation of results;
- Results-oriented with a background in statistical analysis, survey design, and research techniques;
- Knowledge of technological practices used to conduct institutional research including extraction, analysis, and presentation of data;
- Experience in a position involving computer-based data extraction and analysis; using statistical software packages including SPSS; ability to perform statistical and/or quantitative analyses;
- Experience with data warehouse environments, database queries, and expertise with large datasets;
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Excel;
- Experience presenting and communicating technical information professionally, clearly, and effectively in oral, written, and graphic form to individuals with varying technical backgrounds in an ethical and timely manner;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, and conduct training and development for practitioners on the use of research results;
- A working knowledge and application of classroom based research methods particularly student learning outcomes, and ability to work with faculty on assessment related topics;
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally college-wide as either a team member or a team leader;
- Ability to work independently in a high pressure environment, prioritize projects/assignments, and meet deadlines.
Preference shall be given to the following:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in social science, statistics, management information systems or a related field;
- Experience with Workday or an ERP used within higher education;
- Experience with business intelligence software;
- Experience with student services and enrollment.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide oversight to the College’s institutional research plan, including training and documentation necessary to enhance an understanding of research and data.
- Collaborate with appropriate offices to initiate research studies and reports including the design, collection, organization, analysis, coordination and development of research.
- Prepare, format, and clean research data for integrity in analysis and reporting in support of specific projects related to institutional priorities.
- Develop comprehensive reports, anticipating appropriate report format, design, and visuals for target audience.
- Provide technical and analytical expertise to increase the scope, accuracy, and usability of institutional research college-wide.
- Provide briefings and trainings to enhance an understanding of institutional research and data.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships throughout the College.
- Engage in continuous professional development through conferences and associations.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Execute other duties and assume additional responsibilities as may be directed by the Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness.
This position requires an ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, and carry items occasionally in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as, copier, fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary. IRSC expects its employees to follow proper safety standards while employed by the College.
Please apply online at IRSC.EDU > HR/JOBS > Jobs at IRSC