MIAMI-DADE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS JOB DESCRIPTION
1. JOB TITLE: Staff Specialist, Assessment
2. DEPARTMENT: Assessment, Research, and Data Analysis
3. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director, Program Evaluation
4. PAY GRADE: 42
5. JOB CODE: 0077
6. BARGAINING UNIT: 8
7. POSITION AUTHORIZED: Board Item C-4, January 8, 1986
8. DATE OF LAST REVISION: Board Item K-35, August 25, 1999
Performs complex research and evaluation studies, and interprets/reports results.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
1. Designs and/or assists in designing instrumentation, methods, and related procedures appropriate to evaluation studies or other related research.
2. Acquires and analyzes outcome data at the school and District level for program evaluations or other research projects; reports conclusions.
3. Formulates behavioral objectives which are amenable to accepted testing or evaluation procedures, and writes reports on research projects.
4. Conducts an on-going assessment of selected projects’ components to determine if the project goals, objectives, activities, and/or guidelines are continually being achieved.
5. Meets with District, region, and school level personnel to plan evaluation procedures, and to report evaluation study results.
6. Coordinates the acquisition of external consultants for specific evaluation projects.
7. Assists with the review and/or development of evaluation plans for the grant proposals of other offices.
8. Develops and/or assists in the development of plans for selected District-wide evaluation/ research studies.
Job Code 0074
9. Assists in the assessment and reporting of the status of accomplishments re: school and District level goals and objectives.
10. Assists in the analysis and interpretation of student assessment results re: District- wide efforts to improve student achievement.
11. Performs other duties related to the general administrative responsibilities of the position.
This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, mobility, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Master’s degree with specialization in educational research and measurement, or related field.
2. Three (3) years experience in educational evaluation/testing/assessment.
3. Knowledge of measurement and research methodology, applied statistics and computer applications.
4. Application experience in the areas of test scoring, test data analysis, item analysis, and the interpretation and application of test results.
5. Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with staff and with multi-ethnic groups of students, teachers and parents as evidenced by training and job related experience.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.